People ask me. "What about gay adoptions? Interracial? Single Parent?" I say. "Hey fine, as long as it works for the child and the family is responsible." My big stand is this: Every child deserves a home and love. Period.

Dave Thomas.Founder of Wendy's


"To be ignorant of what happened before you were born is to be ever a child."- Cicero

Sealed records are a form of child abuse.--Sharon Kaplan, BSW, MS, "adoptive" mother, "Parenting Resources," Tustin, CA



Needing to connect to ones biology is so instinctive, that people when meeting your adoptive child will tell you, "Oh look! She has your smile" or "look, he has your beautiful hair," knowing full well that there is no biological connection, but sensing the importance that your child needs to know that they look like someone.
Open Adoptive Parent

"In all of us there is a hunger, narrow and deep, to know our heritage, to know who we are and where we have come from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning. No matter what our attainments in life, there is a vacuum, an emptiness and a most disquieting loneliness!" - Alex Haley, Author


"Adoption Loss is the only trauma in the world where the victims are expected by the whole of society to be grateful" - The Reverend Keith C. Griffith, MBE

Friday, June 27, 2008

Post your search information here.....

Please List your name, your date of birth , who you're searching for , and the city and state you're searching in. Also make sure you leave an email address where you can be reached. You never know who may be reading this.

4 comments:

SunFlowerGirl said...

This is great. I'm so glad you thought of doing this. Know people will see what awonderful person you are and what a wonderful thing yoou are doing. Thanks for everything you have done for me. Page K

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! Great blog site!

You are such an awesome friend and searcher. We go way back. You helped me find who my brother was. I have been in reunion 7 years now! Thank you for all you've done for me and for all you are doing for my fellow adoptee and first parents! Keep doing what you're doing!

God Bless you girl!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING. I had hit a wall with my search and within minutes of giving her my info she had the # for my Biological Grandma! Minutes!!! She knows what she's doing. My reunion is this weekend!!!
You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I a female born on May 8, 1968 in Lankenu Hospital in Overbrook (Wynewood), Pennsylvania. I was born at 9:46 p.m., 7 pounds 5 ozs. I was born with a large hematoma on my forehead. My birthmother was single, 19, Catholic, petite, possibly Irish-German. Adoption was private, handled by Raymond Rubens, Esq. now deceased. I was turned over to my parents on May 13, 2008. I have an intermediary searching, but she has come to a standstill because there are two birthcertificates in Pennsylvania with the name of my birthmother. HELP! mtdesq@aol.com